Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Comcrap

After not having cable for three days, I realized how much I took it for granted. Especially when, while watching the game in the living room on the HD TV, my parents came in and decided they needed to watch Deal Or No Deal. I could not give less of a crap about that show, and Howie Mandel's shaved head makes him look like a penis. I always root for the bums on that show to lose.

Anyway, so the only part I really saw was Ortiz's 2-RBI single and Manny's dinger after that. From what I've been told (and judging by the final score), there wasn't much else to watch afterwards. But seriously...Deal Or No Deal or Red Sox/Yankees? I think my parents have their priorities mixed up.

PS - Good to see Manny doing what he does best. He got a meatball right over the plate, and he did what he gets paid to do. Good going, Manny.

4 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Kim said...

And he got a sweet homer tonight off RJ (it's only the 4th, so his damage may not be done). This, after all this talk on EEI re: is he going to get hit by the unit? Personally, I think that Randy's control is so off, he couldn't pelt Manny if he wanted to.

Meanwhile, Clement took a shot in the "side shin" and he's still getting strike outs. Nice.

(Hope I didn't jinx it.)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jere said...

And as a bonus, after Proctor came in, the yankee announcers talked about him hitting Manny. Singleton said, get ahead of him and then buzz him, as the first pitch was about to be thrown. Manny deposited that pitch onto Lansdowne. And I called those announcers names I won't repeat here.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger prof_matson said...

Erika - I'm so happy to see you've come back to your blog! I just went on and one about it on my own blog. I'm on my way to a game tonight -first one in a looooong time.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

yankees commentators are sheer propaganda ministers & nothing more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home